A question we get asked all the time here at micksgarage.com is, how can I stop the deflectors from catching my window?
This is more common question then most would think.
When fitting deflectors for the first time, the window can catch as the deflectors need time to mold to the shape of the window. We would suggest the following simple 6 steps to resolve this issue:
1. Place one of the clips in the very top corner of the window (furthest-most point away from the mirror)
2. Then place one of the clips at the corner closest to the wing mirror
3. Put the remaining clips between these 2
4. Get someone to help you by holding the deflector slightly out from the window after the clips have been fitted
5. While they hold the deflector out, slowly raise up the window & close fully
6. Then leave the windows closed with the deflectors fitted for at least 24 hours
We've created a short fitting video below which helps with the process:
When placed in these positions, the clips help to push the deflectors out from the
window. Then by leaving the deflectors, this will help to mould the deflectors
to the shape of the window.
Hope this article has helped